Want to get involved? As a volunteer, you can support Zero Waste Victoria as we work towards a world with less waste.
Volunteering with us is a great opportunity to join a group of like-minded individuals who want to make a positive difference. You can become part of a growing movement to rethink how we can produce, consume and dispose of things responsibly.
Zero Waste Festival
Our annual Zero Waste Festival is made possible by the generous support of volunteers. From assisting presenters to supporting activities, volunteers help to bring together a jam-packed program showcasing ways we can contribute to a world with less waste.
This year’s Zero Waste Festival will be held at Fed Square on Saturday 2 September 2023. We are recruiting volunteers to help with:
- Planning activities (in the lead up to the festival)
- Set up (need to arrive at 8am)
- Mending & repair (Repair Cafe)
- Supporting kid’s activities (DIY Cards & Inside Footy Workshop)
- Assisting with the Clothes Swap
- Directing foot traffic
- Welcoming/assisting panelists and exhibitors
- Collecting/washing reusable cutlery and plates
- Chatting to people about zero waste
- Film and photography
- Packing down (4pm until finished)
To register, fill out the Festival Volunteer Registration form and we’ll be in touch.
Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Volunteering Opportunities
To keep updated on volunteer opportunities and events, subscribe to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook.
We have various volunteer roles available throughout the year and are always looking for new people to join us.
Chat to people about the steps they can take to reduce their individual footprint and draw upon your personal experience to show just how easy it is to make small swaps.
Make a Produce Bag
Teach people basic hand sewing skills to make reusable produce bag out of reclaimed lightweight fabric. Complete beginners and expert sewists welcome ????
Support us in our campaigns to:
- Scrap best-by dates to reduce food waste
- Encourage plastic-free fruit and veg
- Support the right to use refillable containers